Websites these days are much more than a digital brochure for your company. They actively seek out new customers, answer questions customers may have and even lead a customer directly to a sale all on their own. Sound too good to be true? Not really. There is a bit of a catch here, though:
Your website needs your help to be able to achieve these things.
Websites are like a wind-up toy: wind them up and watch them go. They need to be optimized, well designed and functional before they even get shared online. Once the website is looking and functioning great, the next step is to venture out into the online arena and start bringing in links back to your website and creating social buzz over your products. There’s a lot more to be said here, but the main idea is that your website needs to be primed before it can be a selling machine and that there’s a major importance placed on social activity beyond the website.
Feeling a little scared or overwhelmed? No need to be. I have a full course laid out for you (coming soon), free of charge. I believe that web design is at it’s most accessible point in all of digital history and I want to help usher in a new era of do-it-yourselfers. It’s time for the client to become the designer (with some guidance, of course)!
Check out my blog for a full walkthrough of how to make a website from scratch (or update your current one) and make it awesome and extremely functional! Every one of my tutorials share these three qualities:
- They’re completely free
- They’re chocked full of practical information and examples
- They’re designed for beginners (unless otherwise stated)
[Full Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. My commission does not add any additional cost for you. I recommend these products because I personally believe in them, and use a lot of them myself. If you have any questions regarding this disclosure, please don’t hesitate to contact me.]
In my tutorial series you’ll learn how to:
- Purchase a domain and hosting package (essentials for every website)
- Set up your WordPress platform (THE best content management system in the business, and super easy to use)
- Buy/Find a theme that works perfectly for your business
- Set up and configure your theme and WordPress install
- Add in some great plugins to make your website even better!
- Dive in to some of the online marketing ideas (coming soon) that will help you grow your website’s online presence
- Much, much more
If you want to learn how to manage your own website and make it stand out above your competitors, I highly recommend you check out my blog here (specifically my website how-to series coming soon). I’m constantly adding to my blog section so if you’d like to stay up to date, please subscribe to my feed.